Thursday, April 14, 2011

Titration Station

Hello friends and family, it's time for the blog you've all been waiting for. There isn't a Cubs game tonight so I can do my homework.

Before I teach you how to dougie, I'm going to teach how to do Titration. Ok here's some examples of the problems we have been doing in class over the pass couple of days.

MaVa=MbVb
Acids and Bases my friends
Ph 0-14 1-6 acid 7 neutral 8-14 base

First, complete and balance your equation.

HBr + Ca(OH)2 -------> CaBr2 + 2H2O

A 50 mL of HBr is titrated to an end point with 24 mL of 1.5 M NaOH. What is the concentration of the HBr?

Ma(50mL)=(1.5M)(24mL)
Ma= .72M

Let's take it to the next level shall we?

First here's some notes I took.

1 x 10^-5 Predicted Ph=5 Acid

pH=6 pOH= 8

pH= 3 pOH=11

Alright so I hope that helps everyone, the homework was to finish the box on page 4. Also on page 5 do all the problems except 2 d. and 3 a.

Μαντώ, είστε τα γόνατα μελισσών. Μακάρι να μπορούσαμε να γίνουμε φίλοι και πάλι,
συγγνώμη για όλα λάθος κατορθώματα μου. Χαιρετισμοί

No comments:

Post a Comment