Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Periodic Trends

October 19, 2010
The day started off not in our usual setting, but rather in the math lab. We all took our seats and grabbed two sheets that were the Periodicity Lab. We then completed the second half of the notes about Periodic Trends. We learned that the atomic radius increases as you move down through the elements in each group. Also the atomic size decreases from left to right across a period. Another thing new was sheilding electrons (blockers). They are the electrons between necleus and outer electrons. The notes can be found on moodle. After we finished that we followed the lab and created two different graphs. One was compare Atomic number vs. Atomis Radius and the other was comparing Atomic number vs. Ionization Energy. Both were supposed to finished and printed and ready to bring them tomorrow for class. The homework was to do pages 1-3 and work on webassigns, and thanks to Kiva I had a little extra and do this because she was mad my rock paper scissor skills were better. It was another great day of chemistry.

Kaitlin Samuels

Before I depart from the scribe world, I would like to take a minute to send my thanks and recognition to Chris J. I was extremely baffled when I logged into moodle today. I had no idea what I was doing! So I gave Mr. J a phone call and he walked me through the process, step by step. What a guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment